What is the best kind of dirt? The kind that stays outside!! I’m Dutch, I was taught to dust… even when I couldn’t even find any. Our homes are our sanctuary and truly the only environment we can control. Indoor air pollution is one of the top FIVE environmental health concerns in America, with chemical levels up to 70 times higher indoors than out.
There’s nothing I love more than entertaining at our home; we are blessed to have many nephews and nieces that have moved into our city to attend university. They are always welcome to come for a warm meal and family time. With friends coming and going as well, we have a busy home!
Entry mats are a stylish way to keep dirt and allergens from traveling throughout your home. Norwex has launched a new Entry Mat for your home this fall, thirsty microfiber and polypropylene bristles and all. These features will trap the dirt at the door, as 85% of contaminants are brought into our homes in the first four steps. The industrial strength rubber backing will hold it in place!
Here’s a few other ways you can prevent unwanted pollutants from entering your home:
1. First and foremost, your mat is your first line of defense. If you wish, you can even keep one just outside your door to wipe your shoes off on, and one inside your door to soak up the remaining moisture from your shoes. Just make sure you’re vacuuming/laundering your mat about once a week to keep it doing its job efficiently!
2. Create a “no-shoes-past-the-mat” policy, simply remove muddy footwear BEFORE reaching the entryway floor. I know some people who have placed a bench nearby to make this easier, my family has adopted the shoe rack system to keep our shoes organized and minimize unnecessary clean-up!
3. Paw prints making a mess? Keep a Norwex EnviroCloth or hang a Dusting Mitt handy at your back door where you let the dogs (or cats) in to readily wipe their furry paws and prevent any messy situations. Nobody likes trying to get mud out of their carpets.
A couple handy suggestions:
- This mat is the perfect size for your RV. With the non-slip rubber backing it will hold in place and absorb unwanted moisture.
- Do you have a pool or hot tub in the back yard? Place this mat at the door and you’ll appreciate its absorbancy.
Already loving the new Norwex entry mat? We are too! Try out the Norwex Rubber Brush to keep it clean between laundering, or run over your mat with a hand held vacuum.
Did You Know?
- The soles of your shoes are a major source of transferring chemicals and pesticides into your home. In fact, most of the grime in our homes originated elsewhere, the bulk of it coming in unnoticed on shoes that often don’t appear to be either muddy or dirty.
- A good quality entry mat is essential, it will remove much of the contaminants that otherwise would find their way inside your home.
- The right entry mat can also reduce the time you spend cleaning, it should be about the same width as the door.
- With unwanted debris, chemicals and other residue from lawn equipment and automobiles, garages and public restrooms on our footwear, we all track unwanted filth into our homes.
Delores VandenBoogaard is an Independent Norwex Sales Consultant from Edmonton, Alberta Canada with customers and consultants throughout Canada and the United States including; New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, North West Territories and Ontario. She also has customers and team members in; Michigan, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona, Missouri, Colorado, North Carolina, South Carolina, Idaho, Washington, New Hampshire, Iowa and Maine.