There are so many uses for plastic wrap, aluminum foil and paper towel when it comes to packaging leftovers and reheating food. They help keep leftover food fresh, keep the microwave from getting splattered, insulate your potluck meals, replace the lost lid on your favourite casserole dish… the list goes on.
Until recently, my family used plastic wrap and aluminum foil for all these needs. But as my family strives to reduce its environmental footprint, we are finding more ways to reduce our household waste. Norwex has another great solution to help reduce all our environmental footprints by reducing our need for disposable wraps.
Norwex’s NEW silicone lids are now available for bakeware, both rectangular and square sizes, round casserole dishes and as well as cups. These lids are designed to keep your food fresher longer as well as insulate hot items or liquids. Food-Grade Silicone does not leach chemicals into your food during the storage or the reheating process. They are reusable and therefore easy on the environment and will save you money.
The new silicone bakeware lid is fabulous at keeping your baked goods fresh… but be warned that because you won’t have to fight with the plastic wrap, the brownies will be easier to access. These lids fit a 9 x 13 rectangular dish and are also excellent for leftover lasagna or casseroles.
What makes them great:
- Made with 100% food grade silicone.
- They create an airtight seal with any smooth-rimmed surface.
- Microwave, dishwasher and oven safe (up to 425 degrees F).
- Food-odor resistant.
- Great red colour (on square and rectangular silicone lids) to resist stains from pasta sauces.
- Melted real butter over popcorn is delicious. Cover the cup with the new silicone cup lid.
- Tired of cold coffee? At the office or with the kids running around your ankles – Keep your coffee and tea warm with the new silicone cup lid.
- Have a favourite pan without a lid? Don’t throw it away – use a silicone lid.
- Hot sputtering coconut oil all over your stove when you fry your eggs? Use a silicone lid to cover your fry pan.
Did you know that virtually every piece of plastic wrap used, is still in the landfill? According to the environmental protection agency, the US consumes over 380 billion plastic bags, snacks and wraps every year. Every home can make a difference to reduce this environmental impact.
How many rolls of plastic wrap do you think your family could save?
Delores VandenBoogaard is an Independent Norwex Sales Consultant from Edmonton, Alberta Canada with customers and consultants throughout Canada and the United States including; New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, North West Territories and Ontario. She also has customers and team members in; Michigan, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona, Missouri, Colorado, North Carolina, South Carolina, Idaho, Washington, New Hampshire, Iowa and Maine.