Summer is all about finding a little adventure, spending time together, creating memories and enjoying your community and the outdoors. Norwex’s Global Missions is, “Improving quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in our homes”. As we work hard to protect our world and our homes, let’s take time to enjoy it as well. Summer is a perfect time to do just that. In a city as large as Edmonton, there is always a lot going on during the summer months. The city has so much to offer, why not find a few free things to do with your kids. As summer is in full swing, here are a few ideas…
- This summer has been so warm and glorious, it is time to try out a new spray park. Raising Edmonton listed their favourite parks… so jump in the car and try a different spray park outside your community.
- Edmonton has a vast trail system, over 160 km, through its beautiful river valley. Evening summer bike ride adventures could be your next family tradition. Check out the city trails map.
- Edmonton hosts many different festivals in the summer from sports to music to cultural festivals… there is something for everyone. Bring a picnic basket and blanket to watch the Dragon Festival from the side of the river, or go downtown to watch the Cari West Parade, or head down to Hawrelak Park and enjoy the entertainment at the Servus Heritage Festival.
- For those kids who love the thrill of the ride, take them to Sherwood Park Bike Skills Park or Stony Plain BMX track or the Devon Bike Park.
- If your kids love to built stuff, check out Lowe’s Build & Grow Clinics.
- Try out a new sport like Disc Golf. There is a free course at Edmonton’s Rundle Park.
- Take in the beauty of nature by walking the Clifford E. Lee Natural Area boardwalks or find a breathtaking view of the river by walking over the Fort Edmonton Pedestrian Bridge on the west side of Edmonton.
- Don’t forget the amazing free Edmonton Public Library programs Read. Create. Explore… keep your kid’s nose in a fun book during the summer months.
The summer days are long… but the summer goes by FAST. Enjoy every day with your kids, getting out and spending time together is what memories are made of!!!
Delores VandenBoogaard is an Independent Norwex Sales Consultant from Edmonton, Alberta Canada with customers and consultants throughout Canada and the United States including; New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, North West Territories and Ontario. She also has customers and team members in; Michigan, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona, Missouri, Colorado, North Carolina, South Carolina, Idaho, Washington, New Hampshire, Iowa and Maine.