Love Your Norwex Microfiber
Norwex microfiber cloths are not like your run-of-the-mill cleaning cloth, cleaning rags, or even the crocheted dishcloths your grandma loves to make. So because they are different, they require a little extra special care. ❤️ Norwex microfiber is an efficient and amazing way to clean your home without compromising your health by inhaling, ingesting or absorbing chemicals from traditional cleaners. Keep reading to find out what makes Norwex different and how to take care of them.
What makes Norwex Microfiber Cloths Different?
- EnviroCloths are a multipurpose cloth that can be used wet or dry to clean most hard surfaces.
- Norwex microfiber is 1/200th the width of a human hair… if the cloth was unwound it would reach from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico (3 million meters). These microfibers have innovative cleaning power.
- Because Norwex microfiber is so ‘micro,’ it has the ability to remove up to 99% of bacteria from a surface when following the proper care and use instructions.
- It replaces the need for chemical cleaners, like window cleaners, dusting sprays and multipurpose sprays, and just requires water… saving you money!
- Eliminates the need for paper towel… reducing your paper waste and paper dust in your home.
- Eliminates residue from traditional cleaners, that are often left behind, leaving your home cleaner.
- Embedded with Baclock™ – Norwex’s exclusive micro silver antibacterial agent – goes to work to self-purify the and inhibit odours from bacteria, mold and mildew growth within the cloth within 24 hours so that is ready to use again.
- Available in 7 colours… allowing you to colour-code your cloths for different jobs.
- When you flat fold the cloth, it has 8 cleaning surfaces to use… reducing cleaning time up to 75%!
- Norwex works hard to protect the environment. In fact, Norwex uses 2 – 5 plastic bottles in the construction of their cloths and they have a recycling program to recycle old, retired Norwex cloths.
Care Tips for Your Norwex Microfiber
Norwex Microfiber Care Instructions
The first 3 instructions are a must for caring for your Norwex investment:
- Launder in the washer & dryer. Although you should avoid the soapy dish sink with your Norwex cloths, it is important to launder them in your washer to clean them. The rinse and spin cycles in your washer work to remove all the soap from the cloth. It is important to dry your cloth in the dryer because Norwex cloths employ the power of static electricity. In the dryer, the spokes of the microfiber get ‘perked’ up and make the cloth ready to clean again.
- Lint freeload. Launder your Norwex Microfiber with lint-free fabrics only. Lint from other fabrics gets caught in the spaces between the microfibers, reducing the effectiveness of the cloth.
- No bleach or fabric softener. These products will break down and coat the microfibers reducing its ability to clean a surface and will ruin the cloth.
The last 3 care instructions are a suggestion to get the most out of your Norwex cloths:
- Unscented detergent is best. Unscented laundry detergent cleans without leaving lingering fragrances and residue that might damage the microfiber. I would recommend either of the Norwex laundry detergents. What do you prefer? Powder or Liquid, we have both and the ingredient lists are extremely CLEAN!! Personally I use the Liquid Laundry Detergent. It is biodegradable, enzyme-based, ultra-concentrated (one bottle cleans 215 HE loads or 107 Standard Loads), effective in hard water and comes in a small, recyclable, pump dispensing style bottle. It is free from: Phosphates, Chlorine, Fragrances, Optical brighteners, Ammonia, Sulfates, Dyes, Fillers, Phthalates and Bleach.
- Deep Clean when needed. This is always a shocking experience. If you have any older cloths – I highly recommend this!! Every 4-6 months, your cloths will benefit from being deep cleaned. Use the Norwex Laundry Booster! It is the perfect product to deep clean your cloths. Simply dissolve 1 scoopful of enzyme charged powder into a gallon of hot water and soak for 30 minutes. Repeat this step until the water is clean. Then launder in the washer with Norwex Laundry Detergent or Liquid Laundry Detergent. WOW!!! This product also cleans; hockey equipment, exercise gear, bras, footwear, bed sheets (say goodbye to head stained pillowcases), etc… I call this the POWER POWDER, this enzyme works like a charm!!
- Avoid soapy water. Norwex microfiber works (and has the ability to remove up to 99% of bacteria from a surface when following the proper care and use instructions.) when the microfibers spokes are perked up and have space to absorb all the dirt, debris and bacteria. The danger of submerging Norwex microfiber into soapy water, is that the soap will leave residue behind, making the microfiber less effective.
How Long Can I Use my Microfiber Cloths?
Norwex offers a 2 – year warranty on their microfiber cloths… outside of normal wear and tear. If you want to know for sure that your microfiber cloth is removing up to 99% of bacteria from your surface (like raw chicken on your counter!!!) ensure your cloth is less than two years old. I recommend that you use a sharpie to write the purchase date on the tag of the cloth and after two years, cut the tag and use the cloth as a rag (like cleaning the patio furniture or cleaning the oven or bbq… dirty jobs).
Norwex Microfiber Investment
Norwex products are not a luxury – they are a necessity. Everyone is cleaning with something. Every home incorporates “cleaning supplies” into their annual budget. The wipes, sprays, gels and scrubs get tossed in the cart without a thought. Norwex is choosing to live your life intentionally to protect your health and the environment. These products are an investment… not only a financial investment but also an investment in your health. Seeing as it is an investment, it only makes sense to take care of it to ensure you get the most out of your Norwex microfiber cloths. You will love how they clean your home, quick and easy… with just water. What an investment!!!
Delores VandenBoogaard is an Independent Norwex Sales Consultant from Edmonton, Alberta Canada with customers and consultants throughout Canada and the United States including; New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, North West Territories and Ontario. She also has customers and team members in; Michigan, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona, Missouri, Colorado, North Carolina, South Carolina, Idaho, Washington, New Hampshire, Iowa and Maine.