With the long-waited spring season comes the long-waited barbecue season! Spring cleaning would not be complete without getting one of our favourite “tools” clean. As the BBQ works hard during the summer months to supply mouthwatering meals, I would like to show you a biodegradable, water-based, all-natural but tough cleaning system for your BBQ that works FANTASTIC! It is one that you will feel comfortable cooking dinner on, right after you clean it.
- Roll your BBQ onto a tarp or a used newspaper to avoid staining your deck — this is a greasy and sometimes drippy job.
- Heat your BBQ to its lowest setting, approximately 150 degrees, turn off.
- Spray the BBQ racks including the upper racks with Oven & Grill Cleaner, close the lid and let sit for five minutes.
- Grab a small bowl of water and a use a Spirinett to scrub across the face of the BBQ racks. This stainless steel ball will remove all the burnt on deposits and make your racks clean and shiny.
- To finish the job, use an well-wrung EnviroCloth to wipe both the outside of the BBQ and the racks inside that we just scrubbed.
- Bring your EnviroCloth to a sink and rinse well; rub it on itself to remove the majority of the grease.
- Put your BBQ back in its original spot – ready for your next BBQ!
While we are outside lets continue our “get it done” spring cleaning, by getting started on the windows. Our windows collect dirt, debris, whatever hit your window or what they left behind and creates another spring cleaning job. I would like to show you a simple method to maintain clean windows in your home that doesn’t not require paper towel or chemicals.
- Box the outside edge of your window with a well-wrung, flat-folded EnviroCloth.
- Wipe the remainder of your window with the same EnviroCloth. Spray your window with a little water if you find the moisture is evaporating too quickly.
- Use your flat-folded WindowCloth to polish the window – leaving a streak-free and shiny window.
For high windows:
- Attach a well-wrung EnviroCloth to your Mop System head – after you have attached your wet mop pad (leaving it dry) – with the clip system.
- Lock the head of the mop so it doesn’t swivel.
- With an up and down motion, clean your window.
- Replace EnviroCloth with a Window Cloth. When your Window Cloth is dry you can only work in an upwards motion. So give your window a squirt of water and polish from the base to the top of your window.
Lastly, we will clean our patio furniture. Patio furniture is one of those things that gets dirty just by sitting there – not even being used. But we want to use them this spring!!! Again, this is a job that usually calls for paper towel and windex, but the Norwex method will eliminate the use of paper or chemicals. Even your kids can be the boss of the patio cleaning. So, let’s get started.
- With a well-wrung EnviroCloth, simply wipe down all the surfaces of your patio furniture.
- Finish by using a Window Cloth to polish.
Now that your outdoor spring cleaning is well underway, sit and relax with a barbecue dinner tonight.
If you need a suggestion, check out:
Delores VandenBoogaard is an Independent Norwex Sales Consultant from Edmonton, Alberta Canada with customers and consultants throughout Canada and the United States including; New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, North West Territories and Ontario. She also has customers and team members in; Michigan, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona, Missouri, Colorado, North Carolina, South Carolina, Idaho, Washington, New Hampshire, Iowa and Maine.